An old high school friend asked if I could make a candle close to Jo Malone's Peony and Blush Suede scent, so off I went to try and recreate it.
As I was testing the candles and letting them burn in our house, I kept trying to come up with a name for it. The name that kept coming back to me again and again was "Delightful" and since our candle line is all about My Favorite Things, I thought this was a perfect name.
"Delightful" happens to be the favorite word of my dear friend, Carol Smith. Oh the fun we had "running" executive row at Callaway Golf (well, the executives really ran it, but you definitely need strong women to get things done in Corporate America and we did just that.)
It made me so happy to think about calling the candle "Delightful" so that's what I did.
We think you will think so too.
Smells like: Red Apples + Roses + Carnations + Wild Jasmine + Woods.
Mini jar is 3.5 oz.
Standard jar is 8.75 oz.
Ceramic Vessel is 10 oz.
- The first burn is the most important. Make sure the wick is trimmed to 1/8 - 1/4 of an inch before lighting.
- The first time you light your new candle make sure you have 3 - 4 hours to enjoy your scent (1 - 2 hours for the mini scents). This is the correct amount of time for a "memory burn" to happen (letting the wax melt all the way to the edge of the candle) and allows for the best burn every time.
- When you are ready to relight your candle, trim the wick to 1/4 of an inch before relighting. Trim off any "mushrooming" or excess soot from the wick before relighting.
- Do not leave burning candles unattended, near anything flammable, or within reach of children / pets.
- Discontinue use when you reach the last 1/2 of inch of wax at the bottom of your vessel.
- Each candle has an estimated burn time of 40 - 45 hours (20 - 25 for mini candles) if you follow these steps.